- Antescofo on its edge at the world premier of Philippe Manoury's Tensio (17 December).
- Prize Ceremony in French Academy of Science
- Antescofo performance with Berlin Philharmonic, 17 & 18 September 2010.
- Antescofo featured in Seven Keys to the Digital Future, October 2nd 2010.
PhD, Computer Music / ATIAM (joint degree), University of California San Diego (UCSD) and University of Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC), 2008.
MS, Acoustics, Signal Processing and Computer Science Applied to Music (ATIAM), University of Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC), 2004.
BS, Electrical Engineering + Applied Mathematics (dual major), Virginia Tech, USA, 2003. (1998-2001 at Sharif University of Technology, Tehran/IRAN)
- ATIAM Machine Learning Course
- SPECIF/Gilles Kahn PhD Prize 2009, First prize (sponsored by French Academy of Science)
- ASTI PhD Prize 2009, Second Prize (sponsored by INRIA)
- Sound and Music Computing Best Paper Award 2009.
- ICMC Best Presentation Award, 2007.
- Eiffel PhD fellowship of excellence from French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 2006–2007.
- Audio Engineering Society’s Grant for Graduate Studies, 2004–2005.
- First Prize — IEEE VMS Student Paper Competition, January 2003.
(See all here)
Cont A., Dubnov S., and Assayag G., On the Information Geometry of Audio Streams with Applications to Similarity Computing, IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, Vol. 19, no. 4, Pp. 837-846, 2011. (preprint) (bibtex)
Cont Arshia, A coupled duration-focused architecture for realtime music to score alignment. IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. Vol. 32(6), Pp. 974-987, June 2010. (preprint) (bibtex)
Cont Arshia, Modeling Musical Anticipation: From the time of music to the music of time. PhD thesis in Acoustics, Signal Processing, and Computer Science Applied to Music (ATIAM). Paris : University of Paris 6 (UPMC), and University of California San Diego (UCSD) (joint), 2008. (pdf) (bibtex)
Cont Arshia, Dubnov Shlomo, Assayag Gérard, Anticipatory Model of Musical Style Imitation using Collaborative and Competitive Reinforcement Learning. Anticipatory Behavior in Adaptive Learning Systems. Berlin : Martin Butz, Olivier Sigaud and Gianluca Baldassarre (Editors). 2007, p. 285-306. (pdf) (bibtex)
Cont Arshia, Dubnov Shlomo, Wessel David, Realtime Multiple-pitch and Multiple-instrument Recognition For Music Signals using Sparse Non-negative Constraints. Digital Audio Effects (DAFx). Bordeaux : Septembre 2007. (pdf) (bibtex)
Cont Arshia, Realtime Audio to Score Alignment for Polyphonic Music Instruments Using Sparse Non-negative constraints and Hierarchical HMMs. IEEE International Conference in Acoustics and Speech Signal Processing (ICASSP). Toulouse : Mai 2006. (pdf) (bibtex)